Yesterday, the microSD card in my galaxy stopped showing up in my phone. It does not show up when I insert it into my computer either. I have found many helps on recovering pictures, but it requires being able to select the memory card on my computer, whereas it does not even show up on my computer.
    05-30-2015 03:18 PM
    I use Sweet Home application to backup pictures. It automatically figures out what are new pictures and only copies the new ones to the network.
    05-30-2015 03:46 PM
    If the card can't be read, the controller is probably gone. (There's more than 1 chip in that card.) If the controller is gone all you have is a plastic ornament.

See if the manufacturer will replace it. (SanDisk hass an RMA request form on their site, Samsung probably will - both are chip manufacturers. Everyone else buys the chips from one or the other and their return policies vary ll over the map.

As far as getting your pictures back, sorry - unless you're willing to spend thousands to have the card disassembled and the memory chip read out.

As dorukoz said, backing up is the best insurance. I just copy everything important that's on the phone (not things that are on someone else's servers, like my Walmart receipts) to my computer, then another copy to each of my 2 cloud backup accounts. (There's so much free cloud space now that no has an excuse to not back everything up.)
    05-30-2015 04:59 PM