Recover contacts from a broken phone

klukka56

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi, is there any way to recover my phone contacts?

I got a Galaxy S4 with broken screen, USB debugging not set - since the screen is broken I don' see anyway to set it on.
The phone runs however, and I can access it from windows

I don't have my contacts synced to google.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can download Samsung Kies from their website. Once installed, just open Kies and follow the instructions. Basically it's open Kies, connect phone, Kies recognizes phone, hit Back Up. Voila!

But for future reference, I STRONGLY suggest you start backing up your contacts in Google (all you need is to change the storage to Google instead of your device or SIM); that way not only are they available for any other device you might get (yes, it works with iPhones, too!) but you have access to your contacts anywhere via web browser too. Plus, they're always safe should something happen to your phone.

klukka56

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
You can download Samsung Kies from their website. Once installed, just open Kies and follow the instructions. Basically it's open Kies, connect phone, Kies recognizes phone, hit Back Up. Voila!

But for future reference, I STRONGLY suggest you start backing up your contacts in Google (all you need is to change the storage to Google instead of your device or SIM); that way not only are they available for any other device you might get (yes, it works with iPhones, too!) but you have access to your contacts anywhere via web browser too. Plus, they're always safe should something happen to your phone.

Okay so I was able to back up the contacts, but how can I access the file?
Untitled.png

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you can import those into apps like Outlook or even Google Contacts, but you can transfer those to the new phone once you get yours either fixed or replaced.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc