Galaxy s4 failed 5.0 update

Gfrancetich

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a Sprint (non-spark) galaxy s4. I tried to restart/update to 5.0, but got an error screen with red, green, and blue text. Volume keys acted as up and down and lock screen as select. I selected restart, and my phone's fine, but now I'm still on 4.4.2 but have no option to update to 5.0. Checked for update under both "Samsung software update" and "firmware update" any ideas?

Gfrancetich

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Ok. I did that, and checked for an update again and still no option. Maybe if I did the factory reset option? I'm not sure I want to go through that though. :) Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I just went through the same hassle, having to wait 3-6 days between downloads. In another thread on this forum it was suggested that I try installing the update via USB and Kies. It ran the update, updated all the apps, but stayed at 4.4.2. However, it immediately started doing an OTA download of 5.0.1, and that time it worked.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I did that, and checked for an update again and still no option. Maybe if I did the factory reset option? I'm not sure I want to go through that though. :) Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

You should give Samsung Kies a try, it usually solves the problem.

Joshua Kirkland1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I agree Samsung kies is a supertool for Samsung phones. Get available updates, unbrick phones and even sync music easily between pc and phone. Come on LG, my g3 could use this

g3 fo-real