Galaxy S4 Battery life

Labhras

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I have a few questions regarding my phone's battery life.
My battery is almost one year old - bought last August. I have Echo lockscreen and Aviate launcher replacing the standard ones - location and power saving on. I use CleanMaster and I barely play any games.
With GSam Battery Monitor I have at least around 30-35% consumed by Android System and around 2hrs of Combined app wakelocks. Kernel (Android OS) is usually around 11-15%.
I have noticed a big drain in battery life from 100 to 70%, then it seems to go slower, and then another bigger drain around 25%.
Is it normal behavior? What about GSam stats? Do I need to recalibrate my battery?
I've been reading about people with 2 days batteries using their phone normally, without having to disable location, sync, etc.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
For starters dump clean master. Android does a very good job of stopping inactive apps. And if you are actually using cheetah Mobile's clean master, the chances are very good that you have malware on your phone.

Labhras

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by malware? I've never heard of clean master defined as malware, some are against it because they see it as a task killer, but I've never seen anything about the app being dangerous.

Labhras

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that article is saying is that clean master used some scare ads to attract customers - like other software companies do.
If the app is a battery drainer similar to the likes of DU battery saver, or general battery saving/task killer apps, is one thing, but other that those not-so-nice tactics I haven't found anything else about the app being malware/dangerous for the phone.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest buying a new OEM battery from a reputable vendor or one from Anker (directly). For about $10-15 you can, first, see if your battery is losing its effectiveness and secondly, at worst, you have a spare battery which can be very handy to have.

Labhras

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Besides the new battery, what about the data I posted? Is it "normal" usage?
Because I might buy a new battery, but if there is another problem - i.e. wakelocks, draining from apps or the OS, etc - the new battery won't change much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers