How can I get rid of the bloatware "AdChoices"?

Crunchyhippo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
My phone has been infected with the adware "AdChoices." It's everywhere and inserts itself into every article I read. I downloaded Malwarebytes Antimalware and ran it, but it didn't get rid of it. Anyone have a solution?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Can you clarify or define "infected", please? AdChoices is a type of advertisement that indicates that an ad that is being displayed was chosen according to your interests. You can opt of out of AdChoices, but you would still see the same quantity (and size) advertisements when browsing, they would simply not be based on your browsing habits.

Crunchyhippo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
It seems that every news article or Internet page I go to has Adchoices ads inserted into them. I never opted in to it, and I would love to know how to opt out.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Your AdChoices - How interest based advertising finds you

According to this FAQ, you click on the icon that looks like this (on the corner of the ad):

images

This will bring up a menu that lets you opt out of interest based ads. Keep in mind, you'll still see the same number of ads, they just won't be associated with your interests - they'll either be random, or selected based on the content of the page that you're on.