S4 won't boot. Black screen o' death?

Superspacemunky

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
My phone turned off on me, while in my pocket, for seemingly no reason. I tried to restart it and it gives me the familiar small vibrate and the "Samsung" logo then goes black ... nothing after that. If I try to boot it up again I get the battery icon showing no life left in it. Before it turned off I know it was around 90%+ battery life.

What I have tried so far:
- Removing the battery and letting it sit then replacing it and trying to boot.
- Hard reboot gets me to the options screen but no further as it just goes black after making a choice
- Swapped batteries since I thought, maybe, the battery quit on me
- Tried different chargers with different batteries
- TRIED to boot into safe mode but I guess I held down the wrong key and it brought me to the warning screen for loading a custom OS. Not sure if that had something to do with me plugging it into my computer that time to see if it showed up as a device. I chose to restart instead and got the, now familiar, unresponsive, black screen.

Right now I'm at a loss and feeling a bit scorned with Samsung since this is my second Samsung in a row to die on me for no real reason. If I can't figure it out then I have a nice expensive paper weight and zero desire to own another. Maybe I should have chose the LG, huh?

Thank you in advance!

Ammarasyad

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Boot into recovery? To boot to recovery, press Volume Up + Home + Power. Then scroll down with volume up and down, to wipe cache partition, then press power key to select.

CAUTION : Look twice! Don't select the Wipe Data, since there is no confirmation

Posted via the Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500

Ammarasyad

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Try flashing the stock rom, but i never try it, so do with your own risk. Try googling at the internet.

Posted via the Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500