I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. After the catastrophe that is Lollipop, my photos are no longer in the order in which I wish them to be. I had them sorted chronologically, but Lollipop has jumbled the order. I cannot get Lollipop to sort by the date taken rather than by whatever criterion Google has enforced on me. I am still using "Gallery" and see no improvement using "Photos." I have attempted to change the photos names, etc., but without success. I have even deleted and re-loaded the photos from my laptop. Nothing works, and neither apps gives me the option of sorting chronologically by date (at least as far as I can see). Any ideas?
    06-16-2015 04:59 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. After the catastrophe that is Lollipop, my photos are no longer in the order in which I wish them to be. I had them sorted chronologically, but Lollipop has jumbled the order. I cannot get Lollipop to sort by the date taken rather than by whatever criterion Google has enforced on me. I am still using "Gallery" and see no improvement using "Photos." I have attempted to change the photos names, etc., but without success. I have even deleted and re-loaded the photos from my laptop. Nothing works, and neither apps gives me the option of sorting chronologically by date (at least as far as I can see). Any ideas?
    Welcome to Android Central!

Both apps should open up with the time line as default. Have you downloaded the updated Google Photos app from the Play Store? It is a standalone app now so you would have to search for Google Photos in the Play Store to find it.
    06-19-2015 08:07 AM