Ever since I've bought my phone, the battery never lasts more than a few hours through normal use. I've used it for more than a year now and it is one of the worst. Even now, with 52% percent remaining, the battery is draining 1% every minute maybe more. Any solutions ?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-28-2015 01:53 AM
    I can't include screenshots btw, coz the app keeps crashing everytime I tried to include a picture

06-28-2015 01:54 AM
    It also gets very hot very fast. :/

isabellewassell likes this.
    06-28-2015 01:57 AM
    Ever since I've bought my phone, the battery never lasts more than a few hours through normal use. I've used it for more than a year now and it is one of the worst. Even now, with 52% percent remaining, the battery is draining 1% every minute maybe more. Any solutions ?

Have you cleared the cache? Factory reset? That's were I'd start troubleshooting.

06-28-2015 03:08 AM

The S4's shipped with a batch of defective battery's. To test if you have one of those, remove the battery and try spinning it on a table or other flat smooth surface. If it spins, it is swollen and defective. Samsung's warranty on battery is normally 12 months. There is plenty evidence on the Internet about tge defective batch so push for a free replacement. If it does not spin, try the troubleshooting recommended on th AC forum.
    06-28-2015 04:18 AM
    It also gets very hot very fast. :/

Thats weird...have you tried to tell the people who gave it to you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk
    06-28-2015 10:39 AM
    Thanks for the advice guys
    I'll try them.
    One doubt, does factory reset delete my data and btw I've tried to clear cache.

06-29-2015 01:06 PM
    A FACTORY RESET returns the phone to the day you received it. All apps, data, pictures, etc will be removed! This is usually a last resort! If you can, try another battery and do a RESTART. This does not erase anything and can solve a lot of problems. Hold down the start button and chose RESTART!
    06-29-2015 09:30 PM