Why doesn't the MHL Adapter seem to fit in my Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

MHL Adapter doesn't seem to fit in my Galaxy S4

I bought a genuine Samsung MHL to HDMI adapter for my SGH-i337 (ATT branded Galaxy S4), but the 11-pin micro USB port doesn't seat all the way in the port. 5-pin fits just fine, but it appears the 11-pin is longer, and it doesn't go all the way in. I am using the charging connection as well, so it has power. But no HDMI out, as the adapter doesn't plug in.

So I bought a second, off-brand MHL adapter that has both an 11-pin and 5-pin connector, with power connection. The 5-pin shows charging, but again the 11-pin doesn't seem to fit all the way in.

Does the ATT Galaxy S4 not support MHL?

Zann Darbuka

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: MHL Adapter doesn't seem to fit in my Galaxy S4

Yes, it was the official one. I even had the guys at the store look at it, and they could not get it to fit either.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Strange as the Samsung site lists the S4 as compatible. The 5 pin can't work for what you are doing?

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

Zann Darbuka

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site

The 5 pin appears to connect, as I get the charging icon, but screen mirroring doesn't happen. It's like it's just a charging cable. Looking at it closer with a flashlight, it looks like the port isn't even deep enough for the 11-pin to seat. I wonder if the first ones that came out by ATT didn't have that port installed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech