Problem with my camera :(

Chri3e

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
I'm having trouble with the picture quality of my camera. The pictures all come out blurry, with no detail and ghosting if the camera is not perfectly still. The images are definitely not 12.8 megapixels and look more like a bad 2 or 3 megapixel image. I have attached below two images, the first was taken on my Galaxy S3 (8 megapixel) and the second was taken on my Galaxy S4 (13 megapixel). The difference is clear to see. The phone is second hand, so I was thinking that I could replace the camera module and it would fix the problem? I'm comfortable doing this my self. What do you guys think? Thank you.

GS3 Image.jpg

GS4 Image.jpg

Magnesus

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
It looks like lens problem, not something caused by software/hardware. Have you looked at the lens? Is it clean? Maybe it is badly scratched or something?

Chri3e

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I've looked at the lens and there are no scratches or smudges. it looks completely clean. There was a protective plastic cover over the lens but I removed it. I was thinking that the camera might have been replaced with one of inferior quality, as I've seen them being sold on eBay.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I've looked at the lens and there are no scratches or smudges. it looks completely clean. There was a protective plastic cover over the lens but I removed it. I was thinking that the camera might have been replaced with one of inferior quality, as I've seen them being sold on eBay.

i also have the same problem but it is with the front camera is your phone upgraded to lollipop?