Spent several hours last night loading music files on my S4's SD card (SanDisk Ultra 32 GB, 10 months old). Used the music player on the S4 to verify songs were there & worked. Powered off phone for the night.
    Powered it back on just now to load more music and got message saying to mount the SD card. I didn't unmount it last night! So, went ahead and mounted it & now got message saying it's blank or has unsupported files. Connected S4 to my PC and used Windows Explorer to look at SD card & it wasn't showing up. Removed the SD card & reinserted & remounted & still no luck. Had many photos on SD along with music I just loaded & now they're gone! Is this just another case of the Samsung SD card corruption problem I've been reading about? Any way to access these files.
    07-12-2015 07:32 AM
    I hope your account is set up to email you when someone replies and I hope you kept your damaged SD card intact and didn't reformat it. I just came across your post and wanted to share a possible way to recover your card.

This is exactly what happened to me in September (2015). My Samsung phone also has a SanDisk Ultra 32 GB microSD card. I loaded music onto the card one night then the next day my phone said the card was blank and needed to be reformatted. Noooooooo!!!!!!!

Everything was gone and the card wouldn't even mount on my computer. I downloaded a half dozen recovery tools but since the card wouldn't mount, the tools didn't work. I tried contacting hard drive recovery companies but none of them would recover a microSD card. I scoured the internet looking for a company who could recover photos and video from a microSD card. I finally stumbled on a forum, blog, article (forgot which) where RecoverFab in Germany was mentioned. After two weeks of intense searching, this seemed to be the only solution and after checking the website, the method made total sense.

Being from the US, my preference was to send my card to a domestic company but I couldn't find one. I had nothing to lose sending my card to RecoverFab. Three days after putting the card in the mail, RecoverFab recovered 100% of my photos and videos.

If you still have your SD card intact (no reformatting or disassembly), please give RecoverFab a chance to recover your data. For me, it was my only chance to recover pictures and video of my best four-legged friend's last four months. Not trying RecoverFab wasn't an option. Good luck!
    11-02-2015 12:38 AM