How to stop Auto Update of Apps

call4me_2013

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
SCH-I545

I only use like two apps on my phone. What ever I try and do every day or so I get notification that an app update is available for my phone and ready to install. Over the past couple of weeks I have tried this and that and still yet I will look at my phone and see that stupid icon at the top that an update is ready to be installed.

Please tell me how to stop these auto updates.

Also, if I want an update for only the apps I use like "gmail" etc how do I look to see if there is an update and how do I update it.

Thank you very much for your help.

I bumped this up because I would assume that it was missed. I would think someone must be able to give me some info to help me.
Thanks

Last edited:

Dan Traylor

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I use an app called Package Disabler Pro.
It disables any app on the phone (be careful), and they no longer update.
It is also reversible if you disable the wrong one. The app is not deleted.
No rooting required, but you have to grant admin privileges to the app.

call4me_2013

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Urgh! I am so upset that number one I downloaded a new app (camera) and used google play to do it. Once I did that I started getting all these darn alerts about apps wanting to update. Drives me absolutely nuts!!!! Wish I never downloaded that camera app. Number two Also since I updated to Lolypop I have other issues with the darn phone. I should have left it be. I hate dealing with all this stuff as I have enough to do already. I even try to disable an app and it still goes and tried to update itself; what the heck?

Day Trayor: Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. Unfortunately I was looking for a simple "step by step" in the phone settings where I can deactivate this "update" crap (like in app manager). I don't want it to update any apps. Every time I look at my phone I see i have updates available; my lord, when will it end. You state "no rooting required" - i have no idea what you mean by that; sorry. Also I have no clue how to give an app admin privileges. I am dumb when it comes to this stuff :confused: .

Ammarasyad

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I use an app called Package Disabler Pro.
It disables any app on the phone (be careful), and they no longer update.
It is also reversible if you disable the wrong one. The app is not deleted.
No rooting required, but you have to grant admin privileges to the app.

Wait, admin? Isn't that the same as root? Because "admin privileges in android = root"

Posted via the Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500

call4me_2013

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Well all I know is about 2 months ago I was instructed to use Google Play to download a new camera app because the one on the phone was confusing me. Since then this stupid crazy phone keeps letting me know that app updates are ready to be installed. Even if I deactivate the darn things I guess when i restart my phone that is cleared out and the stupid updates notify me again and again and again and again and again etc. I also update the phone to that Lolypop junk and I have found issues with that too; another thread of mine is asking for instructions to go back to the version before lolypop. I am a simple phone user. No special anything; don't use nut-ball apps etc. I can't understand why there is nothing in the "settings" that will disable this stupid phone from calling out for updates. Driving me nuts!!

call4me_2013

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't want updates on my apps. I only use text, phone and email and I use the calendar a bit. Other than that I don't want any updates for apps I don't even use or not even interested in using now or in the future.

Dan Traylor

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Wait, admin? Isn't that the same as root? Because "admin privileges in android = root"

Posted via the Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500

If you go to Settings > Security > Phone Administrators, after installing Package Disabler Pro and granting permission, you will see the app listed.
My phone is not rooted. I have considered rooting, but all I really need is to not be bothered by certain unneeded apps.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Settings > Security > Phone Administrators, after installing Package Disabler Pro and granting permission, you will see the app listed.
My phone is not rooted. I have considered rooting, but all I really need is to not be bothered by certain unneeded apps.
Nice find! Thanks for sharing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11