I accidentally deleted a file of pictures in my Galaxy S4 phone, is there any way I can retrieve them?

Ritza92

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
i accidently deleted a file of pictures in my galaxy s4 phone is there any way i can retrieve them??

I deleted a file of pictures that were saved under my storage card and I need help getting them back is there anyone who can help???

Fra234

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: i accidently deleted a file of pictures in my galaxy s4 phone is there any way i can retrieve th

Unfortunetely, if you don't have a backup of these photos on Dropbox for example there you can only try to restore them with computer programs like Recuva.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: i accidently deleted a file of pictures in my galaxy s4 phone is there any way i can retrieve th

See Recovering Deleted Files. How to (and whether you can) do it depends on whether the pictures were saved internally or on an external SD card. ("Storage card" could mean "sdcard", which is internal to the phone, or "extSdCard" which is the external card.)

If it's on the external card, the work you have to do is minimal - just downloading a free (and open source) program and setting it up. The computer could take days recovering everything on the card if it's large enough, but you're just checking the program every few hours to see if it's finished yet. (And it will "recover" everything, whether it's deleted or not. It doesn't depend on the file directory [which is where the fact that a file is deleted is marked], it looks for blocks of data that form files. Oh, and you don't get the names back either - those are in the directory. You get file types and a generic name, like f00001.jpg. But you get back every single block of data on the card that looks like a file.)

rickachu

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

This happened to me last week..and i hate to promote a product, but it worked for me , so if the pictures are important enough for you, search dr fone for android.. it really was a lifesaver for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20