I recently realized that the stock mail app on my S4 is no longer syncing with my gmail accounts. The only way to get emails from my gmail accounts is to open the app and do a manual sync. Oddly enough, the app can get emails from my Hotmail accounts, which are also set to PUSH, with no problems. To check where the problem might be, I then downloaded Gmail app and it can receive emails pushed from both gmail and Hotmail accounts without any issues.

My gmail accounts are all set to PUSH emails. I've checked master sync option, mobile data restriction etc. on my phone and they are all set correctly. I've also cleaned cache of my phone as some had suggested for similar issues. At this point, I'm clueless what's causing the stock mail app not syncing with ONLY gmail accounts.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on either a) how to restore sync between stock mail app and gmail accounts or b) how to make Gmail app show Unread Email Count overlay like the stock mail app.
    08-27-2015 07:44 AM
    My Gmail accounts do not sync in the stock app when sync is set to push. If I set it to anything else, it works.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S4
    08-29-2015 07:05 PM