Another Crack victim, Caveat Emptor!

PAddicoat

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Like so many others currently residing in North America, I 'upgraded' to a Samsung Galaxy 4 because I figured that I didn't need biometrics and I was sick and tired of my iPhone getting grumpy whenever I plugged it into a PC.

I bought an otterbox case and a tempered glass cover and had nearly five whole months of hassle-free use.

Annnnd one afternoon, I'm lounging in my Love Sac (it's a big beanbag) browing TVTropes (don't judge me) and put the phone down for a while - at this point it wasn't running hot and had no damage. When I pick it back up... Pow, hairline pressure cracks in the inside of the screen and no access.

Three days of technical support later (trying to unlock the phone, I diagnosed a hardware fault in about six seconds when I plugged it in and got green distortions instead of an opening page) I find that the Samsung technical line is extremely responsive, faultlessly polite, generally well informed and totally bloody useless as it took them that long - and multiple installations of drivers, new and old remote access software and other assorted workarounds to realise 'ohhhh, you mean it's locked. No, you can't unlock it.' (yes, I know about the adaptor-mouse-screen thing, but couldn't be bothered).

It gets sent in free of charge and promptly I am told 'no, this is your fault oh and we just voided your warranty'. Again, they're faultlessly polite and quick to answer by chat messenger and phone, but even when informed that there's no external damage to the phone and an attested failure rate of their devices, offered pictures of the (undamaged) phone and escalated to management level the closest I get to any admission that I might, possibly not have damaged it myself is the assessment that 'perhaps the tempered glass may have contributed to a fault' (very carefully couched in the vaguest possible terms).

So, I guess my plans to pick up a Samsung tablet in the near future just took one hell of a left turn.

clickerman

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I love the Samsung s4 phone, but I realize that I'm never going to get the service that I would with an iPhone. I will still stick with Samsung and take my risks though.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma