Flashing Custom Recovery and ROMs on SCH-I545 NK1?

iwestfall7062

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Just purchased a brand new Verizon S4, bought with the intention of putting a vanilla ROM on it. I've got the phone rooted, working out how to install a custom recovery so that I can install a custom ROM. Reading up on this online, it seems that if I have NK1, I may be out of luck in this regard? All websites and forum posts I'm finding relating to this are at least half a year old or more so I was hoping someone could confirm that since my phone is NK1 I have a locked bootloader and cannot flash custom ROMs (particularly Cyanogen).

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased a brand new Verizon S4, bought with the intention of putting a vanilla ROM on it. I've got the phone rooted, working out how to install a custom recovery so that I can install a custom ROM. Reading up on this online, it seems that if I have NK1, I may be out of luck in this regard? All websites and forum posts I'm finding relating to this are at least half a year old or more so I was hoping someone could confirm that since my phone is NK1 I have a locked bootloader and cannot flash custom ROMs (particularly Cyanogen).
Safestrap is probably the best hope.