Can't enable WiFi on Samsung Galaxy S4. Model number - SHV-E300S

rattyster

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here and have kept my fingers crossed for a solution to my problem.
Let me give you a background of the issue.
I live in India and was out in South Korea for a vacation. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 SHV-E300S (Its a 4G phone) from South Korea 15 days ago. I am back in India. Everything was fine until last week when my WiFI suddenyl stopped working. Whenever I try to turn on WiFi on my S4, it turns itself off automatically.

I tried the following things - Pulled the battery out while the phone was ON, Entered the service mode (*#0011#) and under the menu section, disabled the WiFi power saving mode, Tried changing thr Dual-band AP connection settings from Automatically to Use 5 GHz bandwidth or to Use 2.4 GHz bandwidth and I also tried to reset WiFi settings but nothing worked.

All of a sudden when I rebooted my phone, the WiFi started working and it has been working till last night and now it has again stopped working. It just doesn't let me turn the WiFi on and it gets switched off automatically within a few seconds. I tried all of the above things again but this time it is not working. Please help me with a viable solution.

Please find all the details of my phone below:

Phone: - Samsung Galaxy S4
Model no. SHV-E300S
Android version: - 5.0.1 (This has been the version from the first day itself)
Kernel version: - 3.4.5-5970662

Thank you in advance,

Cheers!
Ratish

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power