Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Issues

shaung95

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, so I recently purchased a second hand Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. After using it for a few days I've noticed numerous battery issues; Upon unplugging a "100%" charged battery from the charger, it then drops to around 80-85%, sometimes better or even worse. Now, I wouldn't mind this if the battery usage wasn't so dramatic. I currently have 85% battery, my phone is locked with no apps running and I have around 2 hours at MOST remaining. I can fall asleep with a fully charged battery and wake up to a dead phone.

So, I really love the phone and decided to try and resolve this issue, I purchased another battery to eliminate the possibility that this battery is dying out, I had exactly the same issues, the most I've ever gotten from this battery is around 10 hours of completely idle (Not unlocking once, perhaps just to check the time) time. I've performed a factory reset, tried calibrating my battery and gone through all of the "battery optimisation techniques" and to no avail the phone just dies within an hour or two of me using it from a full charge.

I've decided to give one of those extended batteries a try (the 6000mAh ones) and see if that makes any difference but I can't imagine it will.

If you guys have any insight or anything that could potentially be wrong then I'd love some help, is it worth just sending the phone back or is this a common issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-15-21-25-17[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-15-21-25-17[1].jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 8

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, so I recently purchased a second hand Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. After using it for a few days I've noticed numerous battery issues; Upon unplugging a "100%" charged battery from the charger, it then drops to around 80-85%, sometimes better or even worse. Now, I wouldn't mind this if the battery usage wasn't so dramatic. I currently have 85% battery, my phone is locked with no apps running and I have around 2 hours at MOST remaining. I can fall asleep with a fully charged battery and wake up to a dead phone.

So, I really love the phone and decided to try and resolve this issue, I purchased another battery to eliminate the possibility that this battery is dying out, I had exactly the same issues, the most I've ever gotten from this battery is around 10 hours of completely idle (Not unlocking once, perhaps just to check the time) time. I've performed a factory reset, tried calibrating my battery and gone through all of the "battery optimisation techniques" and to no avail the phone just dies within an hour or two of me using it from a full charge.

I've decided to give one of those extended batteries a try (the 6000mAh ones) and see if that makes any difference but I can't imagine it will.

If you guys have any insight or anything that could potentially be wrong then I'd love some help, is it worth just sending the phone back or is this a common issue?

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you get a recent update after you started setting the phone up? Have you tried doing a factory data reset to see if that fixes the issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie