Why does my phone go into a black screen after the initial Samsung screen modifying build.prop file?

A

AC Question

Phone goes into black screen after initial Samsung screen modifying build.prop file

Hi I'm new to this matters and I can not go any further with my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 from sprint. This is what I did:

1. Root with SU -> good
2. Unlock for domestic use with GSM -> good
3. Modifying base band to use GSM -> good. After this step I was able to make phone calls and text with my t-mobile SIM Card, but I wasn't able to get data.
4. Modify build.prop to add:
ril.sales_code=LOL
ro.csc.sales_code=LOL

Its look that I did something wrong in this step after modifying the file because after the restart the phone stay in a black screen. I'm able to see that my computer detect the phone but I can't connect to it. I try using adb and the list of devices connected came empty.

Any help...?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone goes into black screen after initial Samsung screen modifying build.prop file

Welcome to the forums. Are the Samsung drivers up to date?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone goes into black screen after initial Samsung screen modifying build.prop file

Hi I'm new to this matters and I can not go any further with my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 from sprint. This is what I did:

1. Root with SU -> good
2. Unlock for domestic use with GSM -> good
3. Modifying base band to use GSM -> good. After this step I was able to make phone calls and text with my t-mobile SIM Card, but I wasn't able to get data.
4. Modify build.prop to add:
ril.sales_code=LOL
ro.csc.sales_code=LOL

Its look that I did something wrong in this step after modifying the file because after the restart the phone stay in a black screen. I'm able to see that my computer detect the phone but I can't connect to it. I try using adb and the list of devices connected came empty.

Any help...?

Welcome to Android Central!

You might need to restore the phone back to factory first and then start all over. Check out this guide if all else fails.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Did you have a custom recovery loaded? In situations like this, there is often only a couple of options; reload a nandroid backup of the system image before modification, or reload the factory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12