Yesterday, I dropped my Samsung Galaxy S4. It fell maybe 3 feet onto a concrete garage floor, screen down. I had a Tempered Glass screen protector and a cheap silicone case. The screen did not crack, but the pixels exploded or something. The screen is black with some colored dots in random places. It does not respond to touch, but I can answer calls with my headset or via Bluetooth in my truck.
    I have a new phone arriving today, but I need my contacts out of my old phone. I do not think I backed them up (I will now) nor is debugging activated.
    Is there any way I can retrieve my contacts?
    11-20-2015 08:41 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I assume your contacts weren't associated with your Google account, right? This is why it's always a good idea to do so, since they get synced automatically with your Google Contacts in the cloud.

You could try using an MHL adapter to mirror the screen to your TV, but if the digitizer is also broken, then you won't be able to actually interact with the phone, unless you're able to attach a USB mouse as well (a Y-adapter might work). Once you're able to see what you're doing and can interact with the phone, you can then go to the Contacts app and export your contacts to a .vcf or .csv file, then transfer that file to your computer so that you can import it into Google Contacts or somewhere else.

Contacts saved to the local Phone account aren't in a discrete file that you can easily transfer--they're in an SQLite database located in a protected system directory. This is why exporting is your main option.
    11-20-2015 12:10 PM
    Hi My Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile dropped and I can't access my screen however when I connect it to my computer I can see all the files. How can I transfer my contact numbers from my phone to computer to store on another phone? I can't debug either from my phone.
    11-30-2015 08:54 AM
    What carrier do you have. If it is Sprint or Verizon or many others your contacts are saved in their cloud. When you enter your number and sign in with your new phone, all of your contacts will be restored to your new phone!
    11-30-2015 08:26 PM