Why aren't my Music Files showing up?

OldSchoolRockerNC

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Music Files not showing up

I downloaded a few music files off Google Play, simple mp3 format, and copied them to my phone's memory card. I can see them in Windows Explorer under my phone's files, but they may as well not even exist. I looked in the Samsung Music Player and Player Pro, neither can find them and I can't find them using the phone's file browser either. I tried synching them with Windows media Player, but that didn't work either, though I never had that issue with other files on my computer. These aren't locked files, nor are there any .nomedia files, since I initially copied them straight to my phone using Windows Explorer into folders with songs my music player can find.

OldSchoolRockerNC

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
It is running KitKat (4.4.4, I assume that's KitKat) and the files are on my SD card in a directory I created for media files (//media/audio/band/album). I checked the link and it's almost enough to make me consider an iPhone. Is there a fix that won't put the mark of Cain on my phone and make every certified phone tech ward it off with a cross and holy water? The only thing I haven't tried is loading it into my phone's storage, or does Google no-fix affect that, too?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a Music directory that's already been created by the system on the SD card? If so, see what happens if you put the music in the directory, and not the one you created yourself. The thing about KitKat SD restrictions is that an app can access the SD card only if it created the directory there, or took ownership of the directory.

These restrictions were relaxed significantly with Lollipop (and Marshmallow as well), Does your S4 have a Lollipop update available?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power