Deleting a Google account from Galaxy S4

FootprintsinNY

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Forgive me if this information is somewhere else on this forum. My searching for step-by-step help has come up empty.

While in Europe, my wife needed to check her Gmail on my phone so we added her account, thinking it would be easy to delete when we got home. Not so. I cannot find a simple way to remove her account from my phone -- only ways to delete her account entirely across all platforms. I've seen plenty of advice along the lines of: Go to Setting --> Accounts --> Google --> Choose the account --> Pull down the menu and choose "remove." But when I get to her account there's not menu and there's no remove.

Any help would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you going to the main System Settings, or the email app's settings? You have to go to the main System Settings: Settings>Accounts-Google>[her account]. Then at the screen where you see all of the sync settings for Google components (i.e., for Contacts, Calendar, etc.), tap the Menu button, then look for Remove Account. Is that what you were doing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This S4 has a capacitative Menu button, right? Are you saying that if you tap it, nothing happens? Or are you looking for the 3-vertical-dot contextual menu button?

FootprintsinNY

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
NEVER MIND! Suddenly the capacative menu button worked. I tried in 100 times and got nothing and on the 101st attempt, it brought up "Remove Account." So very very strange.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! But have you been noticing problems with the capacitative buttons in general? Or did it start after a system update?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon