Android version 5.0.1
    Kernel 3.40-4508315

I have an S4 where the Sim card slot does not work - that is ok, because I use it for Wifi only anyway.
    This is similar to my old S3, I never used a SIM card and it was great with no issues. I don't need the SIM card. I upgraded (used phone) and I am trying to fix a few small problems.

1) The time at the time is not correct in the top bar (with the WIIFI, battery status etc). It is constantly out by about 1.5 hours. Is there a way to fix this?

2) I use NextPlus as a texting client. It worked amazingly well on my S3 with no problems. Now with the S4 the issue I am having is that it only updates my contact list 50% of the time. Some phone numbers have the actual name listed instead the number and others just have the number listed instead of the name. I have tried to update my contact list with pictures, new names, changed names etc, but nextplus only will *sometimes* update the app. I am not sure if this is the app's issue or the phone.
    12-14-2015 05:38 PM
    1) It sounds like it either thinks it's in a different timezone, or it is still trying to use "network" time and your network device's clock is set incorrectly. You can uncheck "Automatic date and time, use network provided time" and uncheck "automatic time zone, use network provided time zone" in Settings, Date and Time. Then right below those set it manually.
    2) It's either the app, or you set the contact as a "local" contact instead of a "Google" contact. If it's not a Google contact it won't stay synced and the app likely uses that database.
    12-14-2015 06:57 PM
    1) Where do I uncheck the time zones as you stated?
    2) It is weird because some contacts do work and others don't. Can I change the contacts to Google?

thanks for the quick responose
    12-14-2015 07:09 PM
    1) Settings, Date and Time.
    s4 - couple of issues - please help!-screenshot_2015-12-15-05-58-10.jpg

2) If you go into Contacts, and click on one of them, does it have a phone shaped icon under "Connected via" or does it have the G (Google) icon? Google icon contacts are sync'ed to (you guessed it) Google, where local (the phone icon) are on the phone only and aren't sync'ed (and likely won't be used by your 3rd party app). I suppose you could create a new contact as a Google contact and then click the chain link icon to the right (to link the Google contact and the local contact together as one contact) and that should solve your issue. Kind of the pain the @ss but that's what happens when you create a contact as a local-only one When you create a contact, the very first question it asks, even before their name, is the type of contact (the pulldown has Google, and Phone). From now on make sure it says Google.

Examples - Local Only:

s4 - couple of issues - please help!-screenshot_2015-12-15-06-01-47.jpg

Google Contact I Just Made As An Example:
    s4 - couple of issues - please help!-screenshot_2015-12-15-06-07-42.jpg
    12-15-2015 08:10 AM