Samsung Galaxy S4: Broken Display

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Good morning,
My little sister was given a Galaxy S4, but it needed a screen replacement. My Grandfather thought he'd do it, but he didn't think he needed to heat up the display first (even though he has the proper equipment) and just started prying at the display. Of course, it was broken. Before there was simply cracks spider-webbing from the top left-hand corner across the screen, but now the entire lower left-hand corner is cracked and is a lighter color than the entire display (and the surface glass is not cracked there). The display doesn't, well, display anything anymore. I figure it's not fixable or at least not worth fixing but I thought I'd give it some research before I tear this thing apart for fun.

As a side note, the build quality of this phone is just terrible. I do not miss the Samsung that made phones out of this quality plastic. It bends massively under the slightest pressure, and the phone has not aged well whatsoever. Unlike my little Nokia Lumia 520, which is just as old, cost like a fifth of the price (if that) and looks way nicer overall.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes