Hi and please help.

I have had this issue for about a week now and it surely is getting annoying.
    I have a Samsung S4, and the latest update for it

I am not sure the cause of it but every time I open an app, messages or anything else like my browser, the back button on the screen (regular arrow) stopped working, I can use the back BUTTON on my phone but usually it will just get me out of the entire app If I use it that way. I have to restart my phone in order for it to work properly for about 5 min , then it will go back to it normal/broken self.

Please help, I would hate to put my phone back to factory settings
    12-28-2015 02:11 PM
    Hello Sabrina, welcome to the forums! Do you mean the back arrow top left of the screen? There are several reports about a similar issue. Do you have Facebook Messenger installed in your phone? If so disable it temporarily and see if the problem persists.
    Sabrina Munson likes this.
    12-28-2015 02:16 PM
    Javier,

yes I do have the facebook app, and I already had a feeling it was facebook, but what would I know. I know I have updated my it about a week ago and after it happened. Let me try to uninstall it ..Thank you !
    Javier P likes this.
    12-28-2015 02:24 PM
    Let us know how it goes. It will be very helpful for other people with the same issue.
    12-28-2015 02:25 PM
    I have uninstalled Facebook itself and still had the same problem. after uninstalling the messenger for it, I could finally go back and forth again.
    Is this a facebook problem that I would have to report? Eventually I would like to put it back on my phone
    dpham00 and Javier P like this.
    12-28-2015 02:28 PM
    This problem has been reported from different devices and brands so it must be related just to the app itself. And yes, I think you should contact the Facebook support team and tell them what's going on.
    12-28-2015 02:31 PM
    Perfect, will do. and thank you so much for your help, so glad it is not anything serious
    12-28-2015 02:37 PM
    Glad it helped! Keep an eye on future updates from FB, maybe they are aware of this problem and a fix in on its way. I'll let you know if I find anything else. See you around the forums!
    12-28-2015 02:46 PM
    I have the newly released Galaxy s7 active. And with no other problems, no attempt to root or mod anything, I'm having the problem mentioned here by the other member.

But I abhor facebook like the great satan it is and if it didn't come on my phone as bloatware, it wouldn't be there at all. And I certainly don't have messenger..

Why am I having this same issue? I've already done a factory reset, no big deal but since that doesn't removes apps, it can't be the problem or the solution.

The one thing I did do recently was move all apps that can be moved to SD to the SD card.

That's when it started. But I have no idea which app would cause this and why. And answer would help greatly as I'm about to exchange it for a new one. (which I don't want to do).
    07-11-2016 11:15 PM