Samsung S4 MIni - Charging went crazy

pcombo

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
So I have been using this phone for a while now, Used the original white cable into my USB 3.0 port to charge my phone.

But recently this has stopped working, The computer still recognises the phone and allows file transfers etc. But it says it is charging but it doesn't actually charge, if anything it drains the battery.

But I tried using my original samsung power adapter and a different cable, And it seems to charge my phone just fine, Battery goes to 100%,

This started happening few days ago, At the same time i got my o2 uk 4g sim.

What could the problem be?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Cables can become faulty. If another cable works fine, then discard that other cable and keep using the new one.

Happy New Year!

pcombo

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I have tried like 4 different cables to try charge my phone using my computer, Never use to have a problem,

The only way my phone will charge is using mains power adapter.

I am going to take my phone to samsung shop to get them to check, Still under warranty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Computer USB ports don't give much current, so if you're actively using the phone while plugged in, it's not unusual for it not to charge up. What happens if you plug it into the computer and just let it stand without using it? Does it eventually charge up?

pcombo

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I don't actually use the phone when it's charging connected to the computer,

It use to charge fully and quick without any problems, But some reason it doesn't charge anymore. Even though it says it is charging. I always used a usb 3.0 port aswell with the genuine samsung cable which still works.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it charge if you use a different USB port on the computer? How about if you plug it into a different computer? Maybe there's something wrong with that USB 3.0 port that you typically use. Make sure there isn't any debris stuck in there.