Why is my Google GS4 not charging, difficult to power on, and not holding a good charge?

A

AC Question

My GS4 will not charge when powered on. I have tried several chargers including one that came in cell phone box. It will charge with car charger & original wall charger only when turned off. It just started making a strange charging sound like its having connecting problems. There is nothing in the port obstructing it. Do you think I should get the port replaced or try myself?

Also with the battery issues I always have on power saver, low brightness and everything else off unless needed and close all apps.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My battery did something strange today. My battery was charging & it was on 97% I saw that I had some notifications so I clicked on one which booted up facebook, when I was reading the notification my battery went to 100% fully charged. How can it go from 97% to 100% in less than a minute?

Posted via Android Central App

xAgonyofArix

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
It honestly just sounds like a battery on its way out. Although I'm not saying that's what I think it is,but it reminds me of a couple phones I've had,both galaxy's. There wasn't any warning,they suddenly just turned to trash,and I could only charge with the phone off. It'd take all day for them to fully charge and then they'd be dead in what felt like a couple hours. I thought it was everything BUT the battery for some reason,but as soon as the battery I ordered came in,that phone was as good as new.

Posted via the Android Central App