My samsung s4 randomly started having very poor wifi reception. it literally has worked fine for the past 2 years or so and just stopped working of the blue. I can be sitting 5 feet in front of the router and barely get 1 bar. i have searched for answers to this already and nothing has helped. I have already done a factory reset and i tried cleaning off the wifi antenna and lifting up the antenna contacts as was suggested in another post on this website titles "WiFi Low Signal Issue" (I cant link to it since i just made this account) however i still have the same problem. has anybody had this issue or have experience with this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    03-03-2016 10:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this only at home, or also with public hotspots? Try rebooting the router, by unplugging its power for 10 seconds, then plugging back in. Also, use an app like Wi-fi Analyzer to see how congested your router's wi-fi channel is, and if it's really congested, change the channel it uses.

See this guide for more ideas: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    03-03-2016 01:01 PM
    hello,

no this isn't just at home. It happens everywhere. All my other devices at home connect just fine anywhere in the house. I have tried resetting the router when it first happened but that didn't work. I'll also note that my GPS has stopped pinpointing my location and Bluetooth constantly disconnects from other Bluetooth devices when connected. It won't stay connected to another Bluetooth device for more than a few minutes. I noticed the GPS and Bluetooth not working some time after i noticed the WiFi stopped working since i don't use GPS and Bluetooth that often. I feel like my phone is just crapping out on me.
    03-03-2016 02:14 PM
    It may be a more fundamental hardware issue, then. When you had the phone open, did you also check to see if any of the connections are loose?

Also, do you have a case on? Metallic cases can sometimes interfere with cell or wifi signal.
    03-04-2016 10:22 PM
    i have a case on it but its just a plastic/rubber case. I did not check to the connections of the phone when i had it open so i can do that and see if it changes anything.

thanks
    03-07-2016 10:43 PM