I have searched far and wide for a way to get around this, but it's shocked me how difficult it is to find somewhat trustworthy information.

I recently rooted my I337 while on 5.0 and then 5.1 with Kingroot. Unfortunately, it would sometimes require me to root again if I had to reboot. No harm done, its 3 minutes out of my life and I couldn't find an easy solution besides using another program (and nothing else worked for this model, i tried). Not long ago, I had to reboot, and when it was booting again, I got what appears to be a soft-brick: "System software not authorized by att was found on the phone". Now, I have a couple of options. Back up my ENTIRE phone data and wipe the system normally, or the option I was hoping for - Flashing a stock rom with Odin or a similar software without losing any data. This issue is obviously found with the OS, so if I can replace the OS without losing data, my problem is solved with little-to-no effort. Most tutorials I have found, however, are for 4.x.x devices, very outdated, or don't apply to my specific issue. I'm trying to be careful because I DON'T want to break my phone long term; I could've probably attempted one of these but don't want to without proper technical expertise that I don't have.

If there are any other details needed, I will get back quickly. I'm 5.1 on i337 and want to flash a stock OS without losing data. Should be easy, but I'm stupid and overly cautious.

I really don't care if I'm reinstalling 4.2 or whatever on my phone, since I can re-upgrade immediately afterwards and it becomes irrelevant. If this is untrue, let me know, but I don't need to use a 5.x Rom iirc.
    03-16-2016 11:11 AM
    I honestly don't think it's possible to reset without losing data. Even if you flash a stock or custom ROM, you will still be losing your data. I'm not even sure you can save your data before doing a reset. SD card data is easy to save but on-device data is overwritten or deleted when flashing.

Posted via the Android Central App on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    03-17-2016 06:56 AM