Excess email data usage for no reason

Tim Elliott25

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I have only had my S4 mini since January and did not have a smart phone before that date. I have Wi-Fi at home and I spend most of the day at home. The first two months (running from 21st each month) my data usage was:
January - 117MB, of which email was 14MB.
February - 74 MB of which email was 19MB
March - 402MB of which email was 367MB
Data usage for email has got almost uncontrollable. Out of Wi-Fi range I started to experience massive data usage all for email 20 to 80MB per day for the odd hour or so I was out, and only receiving a handful of emails, none had attachments. I ended up having to turn the Wi-Fi and Data off when going away from home but still ended up with the 367MB of email data for the month.
April - I forgot to turn the Wi-Fi and Data off on 4 days this current period, the first day I had 6 emails which logged 99MB and the second day 4 emails which logged 52MB the other 2 days was a total of 30MB for a couple of emails each day. So far this period, 8 days, I have used 193MB of which email is 181MB.
Importantly, the type of emails and senders have not changed since I first started using this mobile and during the periods out of Wi-Fi range there where none with attachments. The only thing that is different from before I started to experience the problems in mid March is that I returned from a Holiday in Jamaica where I had to log in for Wi-Fi via their app, but I removed this app once I got back.
This is total baffling as there is no way that this quantity of emails without attachments could possibly generate this amount of data usage. HELP PLEASE.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I would talk to tech support at your service provider. Something is not right! I couldn't send anything to the cloud because it was "full" and it was 5 Gb. I had tech support reset my cloud and am now showing less than 1 Gb usage!