Unfortunately setting has stopped, only when selecting Google in 'account'. What can I do?

A

AC Question

For over a week I have been trying to get in and change the settings of my google account to stop an annoying ! notification that is requesting permission for photos every time I open the camera or gallery, or receive a picture or anything.

I go to Settings>Accounts>Google and it pops up "Unfortunately Settings has Stopped working". I've tried in SafeMode and it still just stops. Every other account works find to get into from settings- just not Google??

I really would like to stop the annoying ! notification.

srogers808

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Done. However It did not reboot automatically as it said in the link- I chose reboot system now after it said "Cache wipe complete"
Still no luck though - same thing happens when clicking Google in Account.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a couple of threads about this particular issue, I think also on the S4. Let me move it to that forum.

I had suggested to another user to try reinstalling the firmware, either using Kies or Smart Switch.

Drew Mogz

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
As of this week I just started having the exact same problem on my Galaxy S4 only when clicking Google Account settings because out of nowhere my phone started sending me updates of the scores of my favorite sports teams and I want to turn off Sync but can't.

earl_holliman

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Try this:

1. Wipe cache partition
2. Factory data reset through Android System Recovery Menu
3. Set up device but skip Google account sign in.
4. After set up, add Google account through settings.
5. Turn off Picasa sync right away
6. Enable the sync items you want.