damaged sd card in my s4

A

AC Question

Please help!! I have lots of important photos etc in the memory card however i damaged the screen on my s4, got it fixed and when i put the sd card back in it says 'damaged sdcard try reformatting' I don't want to reformat it because ill lose everything and i cant lose them. Please is there anyway to recover the data on the card?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Place it in a card reader and connect to a windows pc. Right click the new "drive" select tools and run error checking which should hopefully repair the file system. Always back up SD card data especially with Samsungs!

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If you recover the files on your SD card, make a backup copy on your PC. It can save you a lot of greif later. Also make a backup of your phone data and apps and save that to your PC. BEFORE THE NEXT CRASH!

dandruff1987

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Guys thank you for the help but ive encountered another problem. My pc and laptop dont recognise the sd card as a drive. Any ideas how i get it to work im beside myself i need these photos. Please say there is a way?!

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Download HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. It has dug me out of a hole several times with unrecognised cards. You will have to reformat that card but as nothing further has been written to it Recuva should work. If it doesn't there are no other options that I am aware of.

BanditQuest

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
"damaged SD card" for an S4 may have a damaged Ext4 filesystem if you opted to install APPs on SD card. If that were the case HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool and "chkdsk" wont recogize or mount the drive. You will need to boot up a Linux environment and use Linux repair/remount tools - Google for further guides

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol