Freeing up memory

The Giant Octopus

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I need to free up some memory on my Samsung tablet. I noticed 'Cached (app) data" is pretty big. If I delete that will it delete any of my saved games that are apps? I just don't want to lose anything in regards to my app games.

Here is s scan of my memory page

34diush.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Giant Octopus, welcome to the forums! Clearing cache won't delete any personal information, it's a pretty process. The catch is, this is just a temporary solution as cache builds back with your normal use. You should consider uninstalling apps that you don't use. Also, use a cloud service or any physical storage to save a copy of your media files and delete as much as you can from the phone.

The Giant Octopus

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm just curious what kind of apps I can get rid of. When I bought my tablet it came with a bunch of apps that I don't use. Could I get rid of them without affecting the OS? Heres a list of some of my apps.

dyx9g8.jpg

2my19ph.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I can't see your second screenshot but you can uninstall most of the apps on your first one if you don't use them. The thing is, in most phones preinstalled apps can't be uninstalled, only disabled, unless you root. Check one by one in your app manager and see which ones can be uninstalled.