No Wifi Menu

scott.o.myers

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
First post, I'm going crazy trying to find an answer to this question, I hope someone can help!

I have a Galaxy S4 running Android 5.0.1

Wifi is working but it us constantly scanning and flashing a "connected to <the name of the network it was already connected to>" message. I've googled this and every answer I see says to go into setting, wifi, and then go to the advanced wifi settings menu.

My problem is that there is NO menu in my wifi settings screen, advanced or otherwise:

91598df06271b08cd08004b69762a60f.jpg

Notice the "scanning" message...it does this every 5-10 seconds.

Any ideas on how to get to the freaking advanced settings???

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you're on that screen, tap the capacitative Menu button--do you see the Advanced option there?

scott.o.myers

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Not to be dense, but where/what is this "capacitive menu button" of whic you speak? I can't seem to get to *any* menu from the wifi settings screen.

scott.o.myers

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Solved! I hated that the back button moved to the right of the home button, so I downloaded an app that lets me reassign the buttons. I turned this off (temporarily...I still want back on the left side!) and now I can get to the wifi menu, including the advanced menu!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good solution! In the images of the Galaxy S4 that I looked at, the button to the left of the Home button was the Menu button, not Recent Apps--but there are so many variants of Galaxy phones that I'm not surprised you have a version with that button being Recent Apps.