I can not send email! This just started all of a sudden! I get a "network error".

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
This started a couple days ago. I send a normal email and a few minutes later I get a notice that it was not sent because of a network error. I call Verizon and their advice was to delete the email address and reinstall! It is a Gmail address and when I went to Settings, Accounts, Google I get an error that tat says settings has stopped.

I looked around on the internet and there seems to be many users with this problem and no solution. A restart or full reset will not fix the problem. Uninstalling Google Play Services and revert to an older version does not work either. It seems everyone blames different software for the problem. I have been unable to find a fix!.

I can send email with the GMAIL app and that works ok. but the regular email app does not work!
Running Android 5.0.1

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI, there's no "regular email app". Every manufacturer uses their own. The surprising thing is that Google works, but standard email doesn't - it's usually Google that shows problems first.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Email app that comes on the S-4 with 5.0.1 I tries another email app I have used before and got the same results! Doing a Google search tells me I am not the only one having this problem and no one has an answer to the problem.
Someone will upgrade some app and it will correct itself hopefully!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes