problems updating my old S4 to Lollipop

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I have an old AT&T S4 SGH-i337 that I'm no longer using that I'd like to use for a medical device (Nightscout for Dexcom continuous glucose monitor, if anyone is interested) BUT I need the phone software to be updated to Lollipop.

I took out my SD card since it had pictures on it and then reset the phone. When I turned it back on and go to "About device" it lists the Android version as 4.4.4 and when I click Software update, it just tells me the software is up to date and it won't let me check for updates for another 24 hrs.

Anyone know a (easy) fix to this? I'd like to get this software set up so I can use it for my son's CGM.

I'm on a Mac and I've never synced the phone up to my computer, if that makes any difference.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have an old AT&T S4 SGH-i337 that I'm no longer using that I'd like to use for a medical device (Nightscout for Dexcom continuous glucose monitor, if anyone is interested) BUT I need the phone software to be updated to Lollipop.

I took out my SD card since it had pictures on it and then reset the phone. When I turned it back on and go to "About device" it lists the Android version as 4.4.4 and when I click Software update, it just tells me the software is up to date and it won't let me check for updates for another 24 hrs.

Anyone know a (easy) fix to this? I'd like to get this software set up so I can use it for my son's CGM.

I'm on a Mac and I've never synced the phone up to my computer, if that makes any difference.

Yuppers. Download Samsung Smart Switch for MAC. You can update it via the MAC rather than OTA.

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Yuppers. Download Samsung Smart Switch for MAC. You can update it via the MAC rather than OTA.
7db42a3c09cde2dab9ac09703dc79323.jpg

What's the next step? I'm not trying to transfer my phone to this one, I want to use this phone for a separate purpose.

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks but nothing seems to happen when I tried that. I don't get the "update software" option and when I go to emergency software recovery, my device doesn't show up at all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36