I have a Samsung galaxy S4 that's prepaid. Now, my question is, should my phone be able connect to public WiFi without data? Because it doesn't, and every time I tell my friends this problem they get all confused as if it shouldn't happen.
    08-24-2016 10:20 PM
    I have a Samsung galaxy S4 that's prepaid. Now, my question is, should my phone be able connect to public WiFi without data? Because it doesn't, and every time I tell my friends this problem they get all confused as if it shouldn't happen.
    Absolutely, your phone should have no issues connecting to public wifi or any wifi connections for that matter without having Data.
    What happens when you try to connect to a public network?
    08-24-2016 10:37 PM
    It says im connected, but nothing works. I also get a notification that says iv run out of data and that I need to buy more.
    08-25-2016 12:27 AM
    Absolutely, your phone should have no issues connecting to public wifi or any wifi connections for that matter without having Data.
    What happens when you try to connect to a public network?

It says im connected, but nothing works. I also get a notification that says iv run out of data and that I need to buy more
    08-25-2016 06:19 PM
    It says im connected, but nothing works. I also get a notification that says iv run out of data and that I need to buy more
    Hmm not sure if the S4 has the feature that I am thinking could be causing this. if you go into Settings, then MORE CONNECTION SETTINGS then see if Download Booster is on if you have it. This should not be on, it will try to use DATA and WIFI combined to get faster downloads. And if it's on and you have no data I can see this causing the issue.
    Not sure if the S4 has this option though let me know
    08-25-2016 11:02 PM
    Hmm not sure if the S4 has the feature that I am thinking could be causing this. if you go into Settings, then MORE CONNECTION SETTINGS then see if Download Booster is on if you have it. This should not be on, it will try to use DATA and WIFI combined to get faster downloads. And if it's on and you have no data I can see this causing the issue.
    Not sure if the S4 has this option though let me know
    Yea its not an option.
    08-27-2016 06:02 PM