Why can't I connect my Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 to my computer anymore?

Nanlgord

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I have had this unlocked phone for a year, and I used to be able to use Kies to connect to my computers (one desktop, one laptop, both run Windows 7), but that eventually stopped working--but I could still connect to download photos right to my hard drive. Now neither of my computers cannot recognize that a phone has been connected -- they both say "USB device not recognized." I have tried every possible way to reinstall drivers - through any version of Kies I can find, through "Smart Switch," through Samsung drivers by themselves, through having Windows search for drivers -- nothing works.

I know I need to upgrade the firmware, but that will only be possible if I can root the phone and then flash the firmware upgrade myself. And I can't do that if I can't connect my phone to my computer. (Since I foolishly bought an international version of the S4 to use on T-Mobile, I have never been able to upgrade the firmware or the Android version.)

My phone is running Android 4.4.2 and the baseband version is I9505XXUGNG2.

Any ideas?

Nanlgord

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks -- I think that has to be my next step. Unfortunately the cable that came with the phone got damaged, so I have just ordered a new one from Samsung. I will report back when I've tried that.

Nanlgord

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Well I'm running out of ideas. The new usb cable didn't work, so since then I've successfully rooted my phone with an app (didn't need a usb connection!) and have since then been working on using mobile odin to flash new firmware. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to recognize the stock rom that I have copied onto my sd card. Does anyone have experience using mobile odin? I've copied the .tar.md5 file as instructed, but when I try the "open file" step, the program says "partition could not be found in file." It basically won't let me start the flashing. Any suggestions?

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Plug in your USB Cable then drag down from the top of the screen.You will see a USB option notification. Select this and change to a "media device"!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance