How do I retrieve photos from locked galaxy s4 with broken screen?

esteban_9901

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I recently dropped my phone and the screen cracked. only the top bit of the screen was working until today where it just doesn't work at all. I'm pretty sure that touch doesn't work either because when i try to draw my pattern (roughly imagining where it would be) it doesn't vibrate like it normally would. I have many precious photos that I need to retrieve but can't because I have a pattern lock. I can't use a mouse with an otg cable because the screen doesn't work, it's just black. Any ideas? Please help me.

jevalladares

Samsung Galaxy S6 Champion
Q&A Team
Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi three possible solution to your question, I'll go from easy to a bit more complex.
1. If you have Google Photos with automatic backup there is no need for any other actions just goto photos.google.com
2. If you save your pictures on a SD card, then just pop the card out of the phone and with the help of an adapter load it on the computer to extrac the files.
3. connect the phone to the computer with using a USB cable, this will work if you use a trusted computer that the phone has been connected in the past.

Regards

Erasmo

esteban_9901

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I did not have automatic back up of any kind.
I did not have my pictures on my SD card, they were saved onto the internal storage of the phone
I have connected my phone to my computer before, so it should be a trusted device. However it still says "no photos detected, please make sure phone is unlocked".

Is there no free software that will get past the passcode and get my pictures back. I tried "Dr Fone Android Data Recovery" but it's just a trial and I would have to pay to get the pictures back. All I had to do was plug the phone into the computer and boot the phone into download mode, then it automatically showed me my files and pictures, like thumbnails, but i would have to pay for the full version to recover the photos. Is there no free alternative? Otherwise, in extreme desperation, is there no physical way I could remove the internal storage and put it into another device. I know it would be very very complicated but if it's the last hope...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969