I have a Samsung Galay S4 - I know it's old but I like it. As I don't have much time to get on the computer I use my phone for my emails. I used to have all the folders showing up and I could allocate to the various folders in my email. About a year ago I had to do a factory reset as I had picked up a virus. Since then the only folders I have are: inbox; drafts; outbox; sent and recycle bin. I do not have all my main folders. Also, If I delete an email, when I go back to the computer I have to delete it again. The other problem is that my email no longer sifts out the spam (and I get ALOT). I have tried to change the settings on my phone several times and all the help forums have all said pretty much the same thing. I have tried all these but I already have these set up as suggested. How do I get my folders on my phone and HOW DO I STOP THE SPAM

Thanks in advance
    09-04-2016 02:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which email provider do you use? It sounds like you're using their POP3 server, which doesn't sync folders. You probably want to change to the IMAP server. See the difference here: IMAP vs POP3
    roundwound5 likes this.
    09-04-2016 02:39 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which email provider do you use? It sounds like you're using their POP3 server, which doesn't sync folders. You probably want to change to the IMAP server. See the difference here: IMAP vs POP3
    I use yahoo which was working before I did the reset
    09-04-2016 03:44 AM
    Open your Email app, tap Menu>Settings, select the Yahoo account, and look for the option to edit the server settings. Change them to the IMAP settings here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html. If you can't change from POP3 to IMAP, you may have to remove your Yahoo account, then add it back again, but this time choose to enter the settings manually.
    09-04-2016 06:00 PM