Samsung Galaxy S4 16 gb with a 16 gb SD card. My photos and music go to the SD card, but my phone is constantly filling up and I have to delete apps to make room for new ones. I've moved some apps to the SD card, but that's a fair bit of aggravation and the app updates seem to go back to the phone. Is there some sort of setting that will cause new apps (and their associated data) to load on the SD card and stay there? Thanks!
    09-30-2016 04:17 PM
    Nope, unfortunately that's how the SD Card works. It's not meant to house apps, mostly media. In newer OS versions of Android there's an option to 'merge' the SD Card with the internal storage, but because of the user complications this conveys (not being able to use your card with any other device and wreaking havoc should you remove the card), Samsung decided not to activate this feature on their newer phones.

That being said, there is a way to hack your phone (root and apply the patch) into thinking the SD card is part of your internal memory, allowing you to install full apps onto it. This, however, is highly advised against since SD cards aren't that reliable, and the same applies: should you remove the card with apps in it, and your phone will have issues.
    RichEwald likes this.
    09-30-2016 04:21 PM