Possible to route phone audio through Bluetooth speakers and use phone microphone?

nsharma2

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I have an aftermarket Bluetooth adapter in my old crappy car which connects to my phone through Bluetooth and outputs the sound to my speakers through an FM transmitter. The phone audio streams perfectly to the car speakers, but the issue is that the person on the other end cannot hear me because my mouth is nowhere close to the microphone on the unit (which is plugged into my car's cigarette lighter).

Ideal solution is to use my phone's microphone instead of the aftermarket device's while still routing the audio out through Bluetooth. Is this possible? I am rooted and am willing to tinker around in areas of the phone no one should dare go...

I did some Googling to no avail. I've downloaded SoundAbout thinking it might be able to, but no dice.

Thank you in advance!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Ideal solution is to use my phone's microphone instead of the aftermarket device's while still routing the audio out through Bluetooth. Is this possible? I am rooted and am willing to tinker around in areas of the phone no one should dare go...
Not possible unless you're willing to modify both the hardware and the ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12