Broke 3 s4's by charging spare batteries

ripcurl3277

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have now broken my 3rd s4 ...at first i didnt knwo what I was doing wrong, and now I pin pointed it. If i start charging my spare batteries, and i have a dozen of them, its breaking the phones. it only needs to just be the 2nd spare...some how it just breaks them. over 7 months now this has happened. The batteries are either the real ones or look identical. i stopped using some that were generic for sure, i stopped taking the battery out without turning the phone off...now i have three phones, that wont turn on most of the time, if i play around with it, often it still wont turn on, sometimes it will turn on for just few minutes, and to do that you have to start doing the drain the power by pressing bottons with no battery in it, if done factory reset, no help...often the trick pressing all three bottons to get it to go on doesnt even work, its like some kind of electric fuse issue....even if i get the phone to go on and put it down it may stay on till i go to use it then it starts dying in a minute or so....anyone else hear of this happening to one person so many times? i paid about 100 to 220 for these phones so i dont get warantees...the last one i treated like a baby with perfect case and screen protector. looks like i have to go buy a i phone cause how much money can i keep wasting on this droid stuff? my first i phone from 8 years ago still works amazingly

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I would never use my Note 4 for charging spare batteries... I own a separate charger for doing that chore. I imagine the stress of charging so many batteries just kills your phone... especially if you're doing one after the other.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I charge "spare" batteries all the time (I have 2 spares and I rotate them every month) and haven't had a problem in about 14 years of doing it (or about 20 years before that of rotating batteries in two-way radios). Either your "spares" are all defective, your charger is defective or your phone is defective - but it's not possible to troubleshoot it any further without having the phone in hand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol