hi there,

after several minutes, when I turn gps ON, my phone switch off. and it is not possible restart the phone. (only first logo and then again switch off) I have to plugged it into pc or charger to restart the phone. when phone is plugged to pc or charger there is no gps issue. is it hw or sw problem?
    Iam running stockRom, phone+gps cache cleared
    thx
    12-22-2016 11:21 AM
    Sounds more like a battery problem. Have you tried a different battery?
    12-23-2016 02:54 AM
    not yet, but battery was always over 50%
    12-23-2016 10:01 AM
    Battery percentage is only an indication that the voltage of the battery is at a certain level. While it's normally a good indication, (if the battery doesn't have problems), it's not dependable on an old battery, or one that can't supply the needed current on demand. GPS services are the most demanding of all radio services, and added to the fact that you may have wifi and cellular running at the same time, the load on the battery can cause what you're seeing, and make you think something is wrong with the GPS when you turn it on. Try putting the phone into Airplane mode and then running the GPS to see if things change. If the battery is really bad, it might not make a difference.

If you don't want to invest in a battery right away, what you might do is borrow a battery from a friend that has an S4 (if you know someone) and test your phone with it, or go to a carrier store and have them test with a new battery, or even a repair shop might be able to test for you. The first thing any shop would do, if you explained the problem to them, is try another battery.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-23-2016 02:15 PM
    you were right. battery issue. thx a lot
    I used new cheap chinese battery, when I switch to old original samsung battery (probably chinese) it starts work
    nahoku likes this.
    12-30-2016 01:20 PM
    Try to stay away from cheap batteries. Buy OEM Samsung, if possible, or at least go with batteries like those from Anker. I haven't used Anker, but reports of support and guarantee have been good on these forums.
    12-30-2016 07:30 PM