samsung s4 won't turn on and won't charge

the1chloe

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
The other evening, i left my phone to charge overnight. The next day the phone wouldn't turn on or charge.

Things I've done to try and fix it so far include trying my usb charger but no luck. I have plugged the charger into another socket, no luck. The charger works perfect as it charges my s2. i have cleaned the charge point out on the phone and also cleaned the metal bits on the battery and inside the phone. I then bought a new battery, i plugged it in and it didn't work at first but then began to charge. Upon charging it said the battery was 57% and it was extremely hot. At this point i unplugged the phone, let it cool for a bit and tried to turn it on again. It wouldn't turn on.

It still won't charge or turn on. I feel it may either be the charge point needs replacing or the on button needs replacing? My question is, if it were the charge point but the battery is at 57%, surely the phone would still turn on? has anyone had anything similar or know what the possible problems could be?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
then began to charge. Upon charging it said the battery was 57% and it was extremely hot.
That's the whole thing right there. The phone has to go into a repair shop for a repair estimate. Phones aren't supposed to get extremely hot - something is wrong with it inside.

the1chloe

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
That's the whole thing right there. The phone has to go into a repair shop for a repair estimate. Phones aren't supposed to get extremely hot - something is wrong with it inside.
How do you know its something on the inside and not a faulty on button? :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX