Hi everybody

I have a few questions because I'm trying to do some work using my telephone (Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505). I would like to use it sometimes in my school, in order to have comfortably access to all my private things without have to use the local network (I don't want to put my credentials in these shared lans, that's why I'd rather use my personal 4G network). I was thinking then if it was possible to connect my phone directly to a monitor, keyboard and mouse, without had to connect it to the computer

1) I'm about to buy a Logitech Touch K400 Plus (touchpad keyboard) for my Raspberry: would it be possible to connect the Logitech Touch K400 Plus to my phone using a USB OTG cable? Would both the keyboard AND the touchpad work?

2) would it be possible, somehow, to connect my telephone to a monitor? Maybe a HDMI cable? Or via Bluetooth?

3) both previous questions would work on the Galaxy S7 as well (which will be my next telephone)?

If, of course, you have better ideas in order to use my phone with a computer, please share it (maybe there's an app which simply allows me to connect the phone to the computer and use the phone's network?)

Thank you in advance!
    01-23-2017 12:12 PM
    Hi there,

1) Yes, unless the touchpad isn't using a generic pointer device profile (if it asks for drivers when connecting to a Windows computer, for instance).

2)Best way would be to an HDMI TV or monitor using an MHL cable, but that would take the USB port, which means you would have to use a BT keyboard/mouse to use that. You can also mirror the phone wirelessly via WiFi or WiFi Direct (if you don't want to log into the same network) but that, of course, requires the TV or monitor to support that feature (you can use Rokus or Chromecast for this as well, but I think these do require you to be on the same WiFi for that to work).

3) Unfortunately the S7 doesn't have HDMI output, so you're only left with the wireless screen mirroring function. The S7, however, does support Samsung's SideSync, which lets you see the phone's screen on a computer and interact with it with the computer's mouse and keyboard, but this would require you to either connect the phone via USB to the PC or connect to the same network, something I believe you are trying to avoid. The USB or BT keyboard/mouse still works on the S7.
    01-23-2017 12:48 PM
    Hi there,

1) Yes, unless the touchpad isn't using a generic pointer device profile (if it asks for drivers when connecting to a Windows computer, for instance).

2)Best way would be to an HDMI TV or monitor using an MHL cable, but that would take the USB port, which means you would have to use a BT keyboard/mouse to use that. You can also mirror the phone wirelessly via WiFi or WiFi Direct (if you don't want to log into the same network) but that, of course, requires the TV or monitor to support that feature (you can use Rokus or Chromecast for this as well, but I think these do require you to be on the same WiFi for that to work).

3) Unfortunately the S7 doesn't have HDMI output, so you're only left with the wireless screen mirroring function. The S7, however, does support Samsung's SideSync, which lets you see the phone's screen on a computer and interact with it with the computer's mouse and keyboard, but this would require you to either connect the phone via USB to the PC or connect to the same network, something I believe you are trying to avoid. The USB or BT keyboard/mouse still works on the S7.
    Mmmmhh it seems the best way here is to just connect it to the computer in some way, since I can't connect easily keyboard, mouse and monitor.

I could then disconnect the computer from his own network, so there wouldn't be a problem. But how can I connect the phone to the computer and use the computer as if it's my phone? Is there a way?
    01-23-2017 04:03 PM
    With the S4 you'd have to use a VNC app to 'mirror' your phone to the PC, but once you go to the S7, all you need is the SideSync app in your computer and either an USB cable or be on the same WiFi. That will let you see the screen and use the computer's keyboard and mouse to use your phone on the monitor.
    01-23-2017 04:07 PM