My galaxy s4 screen has somehow died unexpectedly. I didn't drop the phone or anything, just took it out of my coat pocket and the screen was black. tried turning it off and on and the phone restarts but no screen. Alarm still goes off like normal, so i am assuming that the phone is fine, just the screen is dead.
    I have a new samsung now, however I would like to transfer any files contacts that were not on the latest backup or on my SD card, which is where I run into a problem.
    the phone was never able to connect via USB cable to my laptop, so i always just used airdroid over wifi to connect but now with the screen not working I can't do that. is there any other way of trying to connect my phone to my laptop to retrieve my data?
    02-09-2017 01:25 PM
    Try checking contacts.google.com for your Contacts. When connecting to the laptop, do you have USB Debugging turned on? Once you connect, you should see your phone as an external drive. If you have UDB Debugging turned on and it's not working you might have to download a Device Driver to the laptop.

Hope this helps
    02-09-2017 02:08 PM