Hi,
    I have check these forums for an answer toy problem but all are slightly different to my issue.

I have put a SanDisk 16GB micro SD card from my current Note 4 into an older Samsung GS4 and purchased a SanDisk 64gb card for my Note which work perfectly.

However...

The 16GB card in SGS4 says the card is corrupt. I have formated the card and it is detected in both my PC and my current phone..it's even detectable on the recovery software on the SGS4!

I can format the card via the SGS4 but it still says it's corrupt and will not detect it.
    I have wiped partition cache and factory reset the phone but still no joy.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    06-05-2017 02:34 PM
    Welcome to the forum. You've done everything I would have done, maybe a little more SD cards and cellphones are still experiencing coming together growing pains, cards just die for no reason, or refuse to work as you're experiencing. I would use the card in your computer and, if you still need one for the GS4 I'd buy another as the small capacity ones are really cheap. Sorry no golden egg.
    06-05-2017 02:59 PM
    Thanks for the reply,

The 16GB card still works and is recognised in my Note 4 tho..so I know it's not corrupted or faulty. I don't want to buy another unnecessarily.

Would it be down to the SGS4 being rooted, do I need to grant the storage permission or something like that?

Thanks.
    06-06-2017 01:17 AM
    I don't think rooting the phone would help, but if you want an excuse As I said above, the SD card thing is just not very mature at this point, I see many posts concerning the same, or similar problems, and mine drops out occasionally for absolutely no reason.
    06-06-2017 10:05 AM