No contacts or text messages showing on S4

A

AC Question

My sister has gone to the States and has just turned her phone on and it is not showing any contacts or text messages at all, what could be the problem? Samsung Galaxy S4

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Need more information please. States from where? Does she have mobile data available to make calls? Are the contacts and text messages on a cloud account that she can't access? Are you sure the phone will work here on our networks?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Charli4064

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
No contacts or messages showing on S4

My sister has gone to the States, Virginia and has just turned her phone on and it is not showing any contacts or text messages at all, she has a Galaxy S4.
She had contacts on her phone and on the memory card and all text messages were there when she was in England 2 weeks ago. As far as I know she does not have her contacts backed up to Cloud only on Smart Switch but that's here in England on her laptop. I will relay any help you can give to her.

Charli4064

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
Firstly apologies for the duplicate thread, novice here.
The phone is English....she has just gone to Virginia for a 3 week visit...I don't know if she has a Cloud account but its doubtful she isn't very tech savvy. As far as I know she is on O2 here whether or not the network changed when she landed in the States she didn't turn on her phone until yesterday so I am assuming not. All was working fine here in England no issues at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae