So I have two S4's (long story) and SIX different types of bluetooth headsets (even longer story).
    Recently, like in the last year... I've had this difficulty where when using the bluetooth and switching to the speaker, the phone completely stops working, either when first switching to speaker, or when switching back to bluetooth. I can avoid the problem by not doing this... but I cannot find out WHY it is doing this, or how to fix it. I've reset one phone to factory and started using that... to begin the troubleshooting. I've also tried three different headsets. Still happening. I've cleared the cache... forced stopped the bluetooth app... and found that I have THREE iterations of the "phone" app, with no option to remove any of them... tho I have cleared data/cache/and force stopped them all...
    When I say I lose the phone... I mean completely. The call looks like it's connected, but I cannot hear them, and they cannot hear me. The call seems to be connected on both ends... one or the other of us needs to hang up (I've been using a friend to troubleshoot). But, on my end, when I hang up... I STILL can't use the phone... all outgoing calls look the same... nothing happening, looks like it's starting to make a call, but never dials. And I cannot receive a call, either - all until I reboot/restart the phone.
    Anyone got any suggestions (other than get another phone or bluetooth)???
    10-27-2018 11:48 AM
    The 3 copies of the phone app is one problem. Have you tried reflashing the ROM?
    10-27-2018 12:18 PM